Behind these high stone walls is a beautifully landscaped 2 acre property that was once part of the Hatfield estate. The original holdings consisted of 24+ acres, including the main stone house, now known as ” Stepping Stones”, a carriage house, outbuildings with greenhouse, meadow and orchards (but more on that later).
Having divided, sold and bequeathed some of the acreage through the years, this parcel was spun off in the mid 1960’s to developer George R. Platt. “Hatfield Mews” was then created into a 16 unit co-op complex and still includes the original 1920’s stone carriage house as one of it’s residences. With brick and masonry exteriors, these two story Georgian style townhouses have 2 to 3 bedrooms, terraces, gardens and fireplaces. Many of the co-ops have been renovated and updated including finishing out the lower level for additional living space and storage. The individual garages are detached with additional parking available. A short walk puts you right in the middle of everything the village of New Canaan has to offer including easy access to the train station.